I hope you are healthy and safe!
For all of us, our lives remain uncertain, restrictions are still in place and have been extended. Unfortunately, we still are unable to plan events and activities because we don’t know when things will open up so we can begin the “new normal”. However, there are some things we can celebrate and be grateful for:
- Your diligence in following the recommendations of the Ontario Health Ministry and the Haldimand Norfolk Health Unit are working. We have had no reports of any of our residents or staff being infected by COVID-19. Please continue to exercise social distancing, it’s working!
- Our janitorial contractors have stepped up and their hard work is also a big part of the reason our residents and staff have stayed healthy.
- Our community – residents in Haldimand and Norfolk have pulled together during the last few weeks and have shown what being part of a community means. Just a few examples are:
- Aqua Nails and Dover Apothecary dropped off a jug of hand sanitizer to our office when they found out we were low.
- Sewing groups have offered and will be making masks for our seniors.
- Volunteers are helping individuals who are self-isolating get food delivered.
Our Property Management team also has some things our residents can look forward to:
- Our Landscapers are gearing up for Spring clean up – summer contracts start May 1st
- Other Spring projects include:
- Sprucing up building entrances and curb appeal
- Enhancements such as benches & bike racks
- Common Room and Garbage Room updates
- More neighbourhood clean-up projects
We are working on our Spring Newsletter and hope to have it out to all residents in Mid-May. It will include important information, some fun activities with prizes, and a tenant survey which can be completed and mailed back, or filled out on-line. Of course, any time you have feedback you can always use the “Talk to Us” form at the bottom of each website page.
Once again, thank you very much for all your efforts, it’s truly inspiring to see how everyone is working together so that we can all be healthy and safe!
“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed, citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” Margaret Mead
For a list of important telephone numbers and helpful links, please click here.