To Our Residents:
As many of you know, the Ontario government has extended the Declaration of Emergency under the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act for an additional 28 days – to May 12, 2020.
HNHC continues to be deemed an essential service and we continue to be operating under the Emergency guidelines:
- Our office remains closed to the public, but staff continues to work supporting our residents by telephone, email, or through our website.
- All common rooms/areas at our apartment buildings continue to be closed and we encourage our residents to please follow physical distancing guidelines – please self-isolate; do not congregate in hallways, inside or outside the building; if you have to leave your apartment, wash your hands before leaving and immediately upon return, and don’t touch your face until your hands have been properly washed.
- To limit tenant and contractor exposure, we continue to issue only urgent repairs related to safety, security, or sanitation.
We are continuing our Resident Wellness Checks. We have spoken with almost all of our senior residents and are continuing with residents of our apartment buildings who live alone. If we weren’t able to reach you yet, and you have any questions or concerns, please call us! We are in the office. We have lists of resources that can help you.
Our community is going through a very difficult and stressful time right now. We recognize that many people are experiencing a heightened level of anxiety and we want to reassure you that this is perfectly normal. Please call us or reach out to friends or family (by telephone, email, text). Please remember to respect other people’s space – people are not ignoring or pulling away from you to be mean, they are distancing themselves for your safety and theirs.
We would like to remind you of some of the resources available to you:
- If you have lost your job, please contact Canada EI Services.
- If EI doesn’t apply to you, but you have lost income, visit the CERB website (Canada Emergency Response Benefit) to see if you qualify.
- If you are experiencing any symptoms or have concerns about a health issue, call your family doctor or Telehealth Ontario at 1-800-461-4319.
- If you have problems accessing food, contact the Community Food Hotline at 519-426-6170, or 905-318-6623, ext. 3793 (please leave a message, they will call you back).
- If you are having trouble paying your rent, call us at 519-426-7792 or 1-800-265-2819 (ext. 116 for Norfolk residents and ext. 113 for Haldimand residents). We can direct you to additional resources that may be able to help.
- You can make rental payments through e-transfer (click for instructions).
Finally, we want to thank you. Our residents have been handling the current situation extremely well. You have been patient and understanding. This pandemic has defined us as a community and we here at HNHC could not be prouder of the community we are a part of.
On behalf of the Board and Staff of HNHC,