This information is an update to the notices and correspondence that have been posted in our Apartment buildings and mailed to our family homes regarding COVID-19 precautions.
On behalf of the Haldimand Norfolk Housing Corporation, Long Point Area Non-Profit Housing Corporation, Dunnville Non-Profit Housing Corporation, South & Metcalfe Non-Profit Housing Corporation, and Del-Gold Villa Non-Profit Housing Corporation, we want you to know that your health and safety is a top priority for us.
It is very important that you stay in your homes as much as possible and engage in social distancing. Please DO NOT congregate in common areas of the building, including lobbies, yards, or laundry rooms.
It is for this reason that as of March 16, 2020, we closed all Apartment building Common Rooms and public washrooms.
In addition to this, as of Monday, March 16, 2020, our janitorial contractors were instructed to provide extra time on cleaning and disinfecting the following, but not limited to, high-risk areas. This additional work will be completed, at this time, during the regularly scheduled cleaning days:
1. All stairwell and corridor handrails
2. Entrance/ Exit doors & handles
3. All Laundry Room flat work surfaces and laundry machines
4. All building mailbox units
5. Elevator surfaces
Further Action HNHC is taking in response to COVID-19:
Office: Effective March 17, 2020, our office closed to the public until further notice. Staff are available by telephone or email to assist our tenants.
Maintenance: We will continue to respond to urgent and emergency maintenance requests that impact your health and safety. Routine maintenance will be deferred to a later date at this time. This is to protect the health of our residents as well as the health of our contractors. We ask for your patience and understanding of the delays associated with routine maintenance requests.
Rent and Income Changes: We understand that many of our tenants may experience a significant decrease in household income as many businesses and employers are experiencing temporary shutdowns. During this period we advise you to do the following:
- Continue to pay as much of your rent as you are able. Where possible, please pay via e-transfer, or by mail.
- Send in documentation regarding income changes via mail.
- Please note that: HNHC will not proceed with eviction due to outstanding rent balance during the temporary shutdown; however, it is very important that you keep us informed if your income changes due to COVID-19 and that you pay your rent as much as possible. Please be advised that you will be responsible for outstanding rent balances accumulated during the shutdown. Please contact your Property Manager should this occur.
Thank you for your cooperation in keeping our communities safe and healthy. We wish you and your families all the best during this difficult time.