The Haldimand Norfolk Housing Corporation is seeking a highly organized, flexible, and motivated individual to join our organization. You would have the opportunity as the Property Management Assistant to work with a highly skilled team of peers in a challenging and supportive work environment. Our organization strives for a reputation of excellence – we are proud of our staff who take pride in providing quality services to our customers.
PROPERTY MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT
$21.94 – $27.43 per hour – 35 hours per week
This is a unionized position, CUPE Local 4700
A post-secondary two-year diploma in Business Administration or Accounting or a relevant field and one year of proven quality customer service experience and demonstrated skill in the use of MS Office are required.
A certificate in Property Management, demonstrated knowledge of the Housing Services Act, 2011 and Residential Tenancies Act, 2006 acquired through the completion of relevant courses and relevant work experience, as well as experience in Yardi© and/or Salesforce© would be considered an asset.
Must possess strong analytical skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to multi-task. The successful candidate will value Teamwork and respect and can work successfully in a fast-paced fluid workplace. Lastly, a condition of employment is a valid driver’s license and a car as you will be making site visits.
- Provides property management administrative and client services support for the Property Manager and housing portfolio;
- Assists Property Manager with day-to-day operations, annual unit inspections, and annual lease renewal, including annual income review, interim rent calculations, and change of family composition calculations;
- Generates waitlist reports for housing community from software database, reviews report with Property Manager, tracks internal waitlist, offers vacant units, prepares new tenant lease package and tenant file, performs rent calculations, and coordinates with the tenant to ensure that they have all required documents, tenant insurance, and other rent-geared-to-income requirements. Enters new tenant information into database and sets up rent payment;
- Responds to maintenance inquiries/communications from clients and logs information into related database/s;
- Issues work orders to contractors and internal maintenance worker, prepares and issues correspondence and confirmation of work orders to tenants; generates and issues correspondence, building notices, and legal notices. Tracks maintenance work orders and contacts contractors for status report on outstanding work orders;
- Creates access cards for tenants and contractors, provides building access to contractors and logs information related to card access system into related database;
- Contacts clients to obtain information and customer satisfaction levels;
- Prepares move-out documents, unit inspection documents, repair days documents, statistical and other reports as required. Prepares and issues legal notices to tenants, correspondence for residential tenancy matters and prepares other landlord and tenant supporting documentation;
- Inputs data into databases and other computer programs;
- Processes, prints and date stamps all property-related digital photographs, files documents in related files;
- Assists with front-line services including answering the phone, assisting tenants, and taking rent payments;
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Location: Simcoe, Ontario. Some travel throughout Norfolk County and Haldimand County.
Hiring Manager, Haldimand Norfolk Housing Corporation
Unit 2 – 25 Kent Street North, Simcoe, Ontario N3Y 3S1
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 519.426.7630
A Cover Letter and Resume should be marked “Confidential” and submitted by 4:00 p.m. on Friday, July 28, 2023.
Note: Submissions by email – Cover letter and Resume required in either Word or PDF format.
HNHC is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. Consistent with our Values and Corporate Culture Pillars, HNHC is committed to providing equitable treatment to all with respect to barrier-free employment and accommodation without discrimination. HNHC will provide accommodation for applicants in all aspects of the hiring process, up to the point of undue hardship. If you have an accommodation need, please contact our office as soon as possible to make appropriate arrangements.
The incumbent shall comply with all Health and Safety Policies and Practices for this position and the workplace.
It is the responsibility of the applicants to ensure that their application reaches Human Resources by the closing date or they may not be considered. It is also the responsibility of applicants to supply qualifications, licenses and related experience relevant to the qualifications outlined above for this competition as directed. On the basis of the criteria set out above, this posting is open to all applicants.
The statements made by me are true, complete and correct to the best of my knowledge. I understand that any falsification of statements, misrepresentations, deliberate omission or concealment of information may be considered just cause for discipline, up to and including termination for internal applicants and disqualification for external applicants.
Personal information collected from applications will be used to determine qualifications for employment. HNHC is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. The incumbent shall comply with all Health and Safety Policies and Practices for this position and the workplace.